Monday, September 22, 2014

Welcome to my everyday life / Tervetuloa arki

 

Here I am again! By here I mean back in Finland. Hot, wonderful and sunny summer changed to a chilly finish autumn in a few hours that we spent in the plain. I was shivering the whole trip from Helsinki to Kuopio in my shorts and sandals- saying hello to knits and woolen socks! It's just so unfair that the rest of Europe has the privilege of enjoying the warm summer atmosphere so much longer. They even have all the same four seasons of the year so what do they really miss? Nothing. We on the other hand can make ourselves believe that the halogens are the only light that this planet has to offer for a few months.

Täällä ollaan taas - nimittäin takaisin Suomessa. Kuuma, ihana ja aurinkoinen kesä vaihtui muutamassa tunnissa pilvien yllä viileään alkusyksyyn. Hytisin shortseissani ja sandaaleissani matkan Helsingistä Kuopioon onneksi autossa- Hei villapaidat ja villasukat mä tulin! On se vaan epäreilua, että muu eurooppa saa vielä nauttia lämmöstä pitkään ilman, että jää kaunis ja värikäs syksy tai luminen talvi välistä. Valoakin siellä piisaa keskellä talvea. Me voidaan puolestaan muutaman kuukauden ajan uskotella itsellemme, että loisteputkivalo yliopiston ja työpisteen katossa on se ainut valonlähde, mitä maailmassa on.


This trip we made back to home to the area of the former Yugoslavia (this time it included Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia and Slovenia) and Italy really was good for us. We could relax, laugh and have fun, make adventures and feel like home the whole time. Small talking, good company and the best food and drinks on this planet - those calm moments spiced up with the more outgoing ones.

Tämä reissu kotiin entisen Jugoslavian alueelle (tällä reissulla niistä valtioista käytiin Bosnia-Hertsegovinassa, Kroatiassa ja Sloveniassa) ja Italiaan teki taas uskomattoman hyvää. Rentoutui, sai nauraa ja iloita, seikkailla ja tuntea olevansa koko ajan kotona, small talkit, hyvä seura ja maailman parasta ruokaa ja juomaa - rauhallisia hetkiä niiden villeimpien maustamana. 

I had also a chance to think my life and how I want to spend it during the trip. I have always known that Finland is not the place I want to stay. I have a lot of reasons and I won't even start to list all of them down here. One of the most important to me is the possibility to "charge my batteries" somewhere else more often than it's able from and in here. I want to be able to say that is is a day even on winter and I want more to be happening around me. I want to live somewhere between my both homes north and south. That's because I want to be able to travel wherever I feel like going when ever I want and my heart desires. That is just not possible thing to do as often as I am planning if I'd stay living in Finland. You just couldn't fit a weekend abroad while working at the same time or having kids.

Reissussa heräsi taas niitä ajatuksia koskien sitä, missä haluan elämäni viettää. Aina olen sen tiennyt, etten Suomeen haluaisi jäädä. Syitä on monia enkä jaksa niitä kaikkia tähän edes luetella, mutta päällimmäisin syy itselleni on tuo akkujen latauksen mahdollisuus muualla muulloinkin kuin vain lyhyinä kesinä. Tahdon nauttia päivistä myös talvisin, tahdon nauttia entistäkin värikkäämmästä vilinästä ympärilläni. Tahdon kotieni pohjoisen ja etelän välimaastoon, jotta kumpaankin suuntaan olisi hyvä ja helppo tulla käymään kun pää ja sydän niin vaativat. Suomesta niin tiuha matkustelu on näillä riistohinnoilla ja etäisyyksillä mahdotonta- viikonloppureissut kun ei vaan täältä mitenkään työssäkäyvän ihmisen arkeen enää mahtuisi. 


Thank god I already have one plan that's cheering me up all the time! Evi is moving to Graz in Austria for the next five months and this girl is going there for a few weeks in the middle of the winter! Of course we are also planning to travel a little around and even go to Bosnia and Croatia to see for the first time in our adult life what it looks like in there during the winter. That's going to be awesome! This summer trip was so good for us in many different ways and it really loaded our batteries for the dark period in Finland. With all this energy I am having now I will be able to study this year at the university and complete my first year of masters degree in biomedicine! I could also finish up my Bachelor's thesis and press the final send button. I have so many plans and even more stuff to do. I had set myself new goals and it is time to switch the buttons from PLANNING TO DO to DOING position.

On mulla onneksi talven varalle myös hihassa pieni piristysruiske! Evi lähtee nyt syksyksi Itävaltaan Graziin vaihtoon puoleksi vuodeksi, joten tänkin tytön tie tulee viemään sinne pariksi viikoksi. Tehdään tietenkin sieltä reissuja etelämmäs kotiin myös. Ihanaa ja piristävää! Irtiotto Suomesta ja pohjolalta teki niin hyvää - akut on ladattu ja olen entistä kuplivampi ja iloisempi. Kyllä nyt jaksaa puristaa taas seuraavan yliopistovuoden ja ensimmäisen täysin englanninkielisen maisterivuoden purkkiin. Kandin tutkielman voisin myös viimeistellä ja palauttaa vihdoin. Paljon on suunnitteilla ja sitäkin enemmän tehtävää. Olen asettanut itselleni muutamia tavoitteita ja on aika vaihtaa nappulat vihdoin ja viimein asentoon DOING nykyisen PLANNING TO DO :n sijasta. 


- Herminica

No comments:

Post a Comment