Saturday, March 5, 2016

Tangled possibilities / Takkuisia mahdollisuuksia


Everyday life has its pros and cons. It can be both wonderful, harsh and even plain and lead to occasional sleeping problems or even long-term sleeping disorder and fatigue. I have been "lucky" enough to experience them both. Four-year long sleeping disorder really taught me how important it is to listen to your body and mind as early as in my early teenage. However, the lack of sleep during those four years gave me the tools for calming myself down, making the environment as optimal as possible and helped me to find the golden idea about being confident that in the end everything will be okay. I have embraced that idea for my whole life. During this year I have been in the biggest hole in my adult life and felt like there is not enough oxygen for me. However, as my name predicts, I am a warrior and I believe in my golden idea in all situations.

Elämä osaa kaikessa ihanuudessaan ja kamaluudessaan, jopa tasapaksuudessaan, johtaa joko ajoittaiseen unettomuuteen tai pitkään kestävään väsymykseen. Täällä on kärsitty niistä kummastakin. Teini-iässä neljän vuoden lähes uneton jakso opetti miten tärkeää on osata kuunnella itseään niin fyysisesti kuin psyykkisesti. Löysin siinä ajassa itselleni parhaiten soveltuvat rauhoituskeinot, optimaaliset ympäröivät tekijät nukkumisen ajaksi ja kultaisen ajatuksen siitä, että kaikki päättyy lopulta hyvin. Sen ajatuksen olen pitänyt aina mukana, kaikessa elämässäni. Tämän vuoden aikana olen ajautunut aika-ajoin liian suureen kuoppaan ja on tuntunut, että happi loppuu kesken. Olen kuitenkin nimeni mukaan soturinainen- selviän aina kaikista vastoinkäymisistä, kuten kultainen ajatuskin ennustaa. 

Big stress levels have affected both my health and my overall wellbeing. I have never before known what "seasonal depression" means until this autumn and dark winter. I have never been as tired as I was this time. I have been able to just sleep the whole day everyday and still feel tired. On my holiday I finally got my time to rest and I slept for around 12 hours a day. Those other 12 hours I spent fixedly attached to my strong bosnian cup of coffee while my mind was just cuddling with the inviting idea of soft and warm sheets. I think that I really needed that time period because I'm feeling much better now. My still mysterious constantly accumulating acute infections and different hypersensitivity conditions are currently all over my back in a form of epicutan test on my back. If I can say, this is not the nicest tests I have had, because my whole back is itchy as hell and sweating nor washing is allowed. Well, at least this is much better than my condition before and I can seep in my own bed instead of the one in hospital.

Kova stressi on näkynyt niin terveydessä kuin yleisessä jaksamisessakin. Syysmasennusta minulla ei ole koskaan ollut, mutta viime keväänä, tänä kesänä ja alkusyksynä olen ollut väsyneempi kuin koskaan. On valehtelematta tuntunut sille, että olisin voinut vain nukkua koko ajan. Kesälomalla sain vihdoin ja viimein aikaa itselleni ja nukuin päivittäin n. 12 tuntia. Hereillä ollessani, join paljon vahvaa bosnialaista kahvia ja ajatukseni poukkoilivat tuon tuostakin pehmeissä lakanoissa. Keho taisi tarvita tuota vaihetta kipeästi ja oloni onkin nyt taas hyvä. Reilun puolen vuoden epämääräinen infektiokierre ja yliherkkyystilat ovat tällä hetkellä sananmukaisesti kartoitettavina ympäri selkääni epikutaanitestien merkeissä. Kyse ei ole omalla kohdallani mistään mukavimmasta testistä, sillä kutina hipoo pilvilinnoja- ei onneksi yhtä paljon kuin kesällä ja sairaalajakson aikana. 

I have noticed that the most important thing is to listen to yourself, no matter what the case is. I have been painting, cuddling the dog I tend to take care after occasionally, reading the books I have listed before to be red, written and done things I personally need and like to do. The only thing I was not allowed to do was exercising but now I am able to do that too. It has also been really brutal year from the academic point of view. The courses have been really sucking the life out of me as were also my financial and personal issues. The most important thing I have been carrying with me is my tool for going forward: all accomplishments, rest and things I like to do are loading up my personal batteries. Inspiration is the one that really helps. At this point I'm feeling like I'm in one of the big crossroads in life. I have to make plans for future but not too exact ones, because I love to leave space for spontaneous ideas. It wouldn't be life without them. At the same time it feels like I'll be a free as the bird in the sky and at the same time the uncertainty scares me. This feeling is scaring, empowering, freeing and inspiring. It is a big ball made of possibility that has tangles in it and the only person who can solve it as I want and need it to be solved is me and only me.

Olen huomannut, että tärkein asia on kuunnella itseä. Olen maalaillut, rapsutellut hoitokoiraa, lukenut, kirjoittanut ja tehnyt asioita joista pidän ja joita tarvitsen. Ruokapuolesta olen pitänyt kiinni, liikuntakin on taas pitkän ajan jälkeen sallittujen listoilla. Yliopistomaailman osalta on ollut luultavasti tiukempaa kuin ikinä, samoin on oman talouteni ja henkisten voimavarojeni laita. Pitää kuitenkin muistaa, että kaikki onnistumiset ja tekeminen ja lepo laataavat hyvin akkujani. Saan virtaa inspiraatiosta. Tällä hetkellä on monta rautaa tulessa, elämää on suunniteltava monella eri tapaa eteenpäin eikä minulla ole harmainta aavistustakaan siitä missä olen vuoden päästä tästä. Tämä tunne on samalla ahdistava, voimaannuttava, vapauttava ja inspiroiva. Suuri takkuinen mahdollisuus, jonka vain minä voin itselleni raivata sellaiseksi, mitä itselleni haluan ja tarvitsen. 

- Herminica


No comments:

Post a Comment