Sunday, October 6, 2013

Slow Morning


1. Me an my friends at Kauppakadun appro 2&3. Some pies that I made. The first one is a veggie pie and second one is a shrimp pie. Yammyy:). 4. My favorite spot in my home. Notice that I've gotten rid of those colorful pillows and gotten beige ones instead. 5. My unhealthy breakfast yesterday. 6. Me waiting for my parents to arrive, again, yesterday.

I finally got a washing machine! My parents brought it to me yesterday, and H was also with them. Though the washing machine is standing now in the middle of my bathroom so that there is barely any room to walk around it to the sink or bath tub, but the main thing is that it is there! Woohouuu, I feel like screaming and dancing around. This means no more carrying heavy luggage to my parents every other week. No more do I have to wait two weeks to get my favorite shirt washed if it gets stained. And no more forgetting or not forgetting to pack socks with me when I leave. The washing machine will not stand in the middle of the bathroom the whole time, don't worry. I just need a little longer cord for it, and I will pick it up next week end. Till then just have to keep dancing around the machine.

Sain vihdoinkin pyykinpesukoneen! Vanhempani ja Herminica toivat sen minulle eilen. Tällä hetkellä pesukone valitettavasti seisoo keskellä kylpyhuonetta, niin että pääsen hädin tuskin ammeeseen tai käsienpesualtaalle, mutta pääasia on, että se kone vihdoin ja viimein on siellä! Tekisi mieli kirkua ja tanssia ympäri huonetta, sillä tätä on odotettu vain kaksi vuotta. Enää minun ei tarvitse kantaa painavaa matkalaukullista likaista pyykkiä vanhemmilleni joka toinen viikonloppu, tai odottaa sitä kahta viikkoa että saan lempipaidastani tahran pestyä, tai muistaa/unohtaa ottaa sukkia mukaani aina kun lähden porukoiltani. Pesukone ei tietenkään tule seisomeen tuossa keskellä kylpyhuonetta pysyvästi. Sähköpiuha oli vain valitettavasti liian lyhyt, joten ensi viikkoon asti on vain taiteiltava tieni pesukoneen ympäri.

Btw, I feel like a rebel right now. I am not really allowed to hang up anything on the walls here in my apartment, but since I have already lived two years here and planning to stay for three more, I just can't look at these boring walls for whole five years! So me and my dad hang up some picture frames on the walls yesterday. They are still empty, but looking at them empty like this just gets my inspiration flying and reminds me all the time to get them filled. This place is finally starting to look and feel like a home. And finally the "my first home" kind of a scenario is beginning to step aside and the decoration is starting to resemble me and my style.

Tunnen muuten oloni aika kapinalliseksi juuri nyt. Minullahan ei ole lupaa laittaa asuntoni seinille mitään ja tällainen käytäntöhän on aika yleistä vuokra-asunnoissa. Olen kuitenkin asunut tässä samaisessa asunnossa jo kaksi vuotta ja näillä näkymin minulla on vielä kolme edessä. Joten päätin etten aio katsoa noita tylsiä seiniä kokonaiset viisi vuotta. Niinpä ripustimme eilen isäni kanssa seinille kaksi isoa valokuvakehystä, jotka tosin tällä hetkellä ovat vielä aivan tyhjillään. Mutta eivätköhän nuo tyhjät valokuvakehykset muistuta minua päivittäin niiden täyttämisestä. Tämä asunto alkaa vihdoinkin näyttää ja tuntua kodilta. Pikkuhiljaa myös se "ensimäinen asuntoni" -leima alkaa häipyä täältä ja sisustus alkaa vähitellen muistuttamaan minua ja tyyliäni.

Today I am looking forward to not moving anywhere from my apartment. I've been awake for two hours already and still haven't made to the shower. I just love days like this when you don't have to rush anywhere and if you don't feel like taking a shower right after getting out of bed, well you don't have to! And I really hate morning showers, I'm more of an evening shower kind of a girl. I just love taking a hot shower and after it just taking a blanket and cup of tee or hot chocolate, and just curling on the couch to watch movies while my hair dries out. This way I get to sleep a little longer in the mornings!

Tänään pyrin siihen, etten joudu poistumaan asunnoltani kertaakaan. Olen ollut hereillä jo kaksi tuntia enkä ole vieläkään saanut aikaiseksi kömpiä suihkuun. Rakastan tällaisia hitaita aamuja, jolloin mitään ei ole pakko tehdä heti herättyä. Ehtiihän sitä iltapäivästäkin! Muutenkin vihaan aamusuihkuja. Olen enemmän iltasuihku-tyyppiä. Rakastan myöhäisillan kuumia suihkuja, joiden jälkeen voin käpertyä viltin ja kuuman teen tai kaakaon kanssa sohvalle katsomaan leffoja siksi aikaa että hiukset kuivuvat. Tällä tavoin saan myös nukkua pidempään aamuisin!

Have a nice, lazy Sunday everyone.
Viettäkäähän mukava ja laiska sunnuntai.


-evi

No comments:

Post a Comment